Air Fryer Falafel
Once you’ve soaked your chickpeas, you can use a food processor and an air fryer to quickly bake these spicy falafel patties. Serve with your favorite garnishes and sauce.
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- cook: 20 minutes
- additional: 1 day 1 hr
- total: 1 day 1 hr 40 minutes
- Servings: 15
- Yield:15 falafel
Ingredients for Air Fryer Falafel
- 1 cup dry garbanzo beans
- 1 ½ cups fresh cilantro, stems removed
- ¾ cup fresh flat-leafed parsley, stems removed
- 1 small red onion, quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- cooking spray
Directions for Air Fryer Falafel
- Soak chickpeas in a large amount of cool water for 24 hours. Rub the soaked chickpeas with your fingers to help loosen and remove skins. Rinse and drain well. Spread chickpeas on a large clean dish towel to dry.
- Blend chickpeas, cilantro, parsley, onion, and garlic in a food processor until a rough paste forms.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add chickpea flour, coriander, cumin, sriracha, salt, and pepper and mix well. Cover bowl and let mixture rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat an air fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the chickpea mixture. Mix using your hands until just combined. Form 15 equal-sized balls and press slightly to form patties. Spray falafel patties with cooking spray.
- Place 7 falafel patties in the preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Transfer cooked falafel to a plate and repeat with remaining 8 falafel, cooking for 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
60 calories; protein 3.1g; carbohydrates 9.9g; fat 1.1g; sodium 97.9mg.