Air Fryer Meatballs
After trying air fryer meatballs, I will never bake them in the oven again. The insides stay nice and tender while the outsides get a slight crisp on them.
The best part is that you can make them ahead of time and freeze for later use. I have included those directions in the notes. Dip meatballs in marinara, if desired.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- cook: 20 minutes
- additional: 5 minutes
- total: 35 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Yield: 16 meatballs
Ingredients for Air Fryer Meatballs
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 4 ounces ground pork
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
Directions for Air Fryer Meatballs
- Preheat an air fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine beef, pork, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, egg, garlic, Italian seasoning, and salt in a large bowl. Mix until evenly combined. Form into 16 equal meatballs (a small ice cream scoop is helpful) and place on a baking sheet.
- Place 1/2 of the meatballs in the basket of the air fryer and cook 8 minutes. Shake the basket and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a serving plate and let rest for 5 minutes. Repeat with remaining meatballs.
These can be made ahead and frozen for later use. After step 2, place the baking sheet in the freezer for 4 hours. Transfer meatballs to a freezer-safe container. Cook time will need to be increased to 15 minutes: cook for 12 minutes, shake, and then cook for 3 minutes more.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
457 calories; protein 30.2g; carbohydrates 7.8g; fat 32.9g; cholesterol 114.3mg; sodium 633.9mg.