- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hrs
- Total Time: 8 hrs 10 minutes
- Servings: 8 tacos
Juicy, flavorful barbacoa tacos are a snap to make with a slow cooker! Simply set it and forget it until dinnertime, then serve up this family-friendly favorite with all the toppings. It’s the perfect way to enjoy taco night!
If you’re looking for a delicious and fun way to spend time with friends, look no further than barbacoa tacos. These tacos are packed with flavor, and the best part is that they’re easy to make. Just gather some friends, some barbacoa, and all the fixings for a fun and delicious taco night.
Popular Mexican Dish
Tacos are one of the most popular Mexican dishes and are enjoyed by people all over the world. Barbacoa tacos are made with slow-cooked, shredded beef that is traditionally cooked in a pit. The beef is then seasoned with a variety of spices and served on a soft tortilla.
Barbacoa tacos are quick and easy to make, and they are a great option for a quick meal. The beef is already cooked, so all you need to do is heat it up and add your favorite toppings. You can also use leftovers from a barbacoa dinner to make tacos the next day.
If you are looking for a quick and easy meal, barbacoa tacos are a great option. They are flavorful and satisfying, and you can customize them to your liking. Give them a try the next time you are in the mood for tacos!
Ingredients for Barbacoa Tacos
- 4 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 1 onion, diced
- 3-4 chipotles in adobo sauce, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup beef stock
- 3 bay leaves
- Diced onion
- Avocado slices
- Chopped cilantro
- Sour cream or cheese, optional
Instructions for Barbacoa Tacos
- Add all of the ingredients, except the bay leaves, to the bowl of a slow cooker.
- Use tongs to gently toss and mix it all together. Then add the bay leaves, and cover. Cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- The beef should be tender and fall apart easily when shredded with a fork. If it doesn’t shred easily, cook it a bit longer.
- Cooking beef barbacoa in a slow cooker.
- Remove the beef to a cutting board and use two forks to shred it.
- Shredding beef barbacoa on a cutting board.
- Place the shredded beef back in the slow cooker, give it a stir, and let it absorb the juices.
- Mixing beef barbacoa in a slow cooker.
- Use tongs to remove a serving of barbacoa from the slow cooker, top it on a tortilla, and garnish with diced onion, avocado, cilantro, and other toppings.
Nutrition in Barbacoa Tacos
Calories: 543kcal, Carbohydrates: 23g, Protein: 46g, Fat: 31g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Trans Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 156mg, Sodium: 1075mg, Potassium: 923mg, Fiber: 7g, Sugar: 2g, Vitamin A: 354IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 64mg, Iron: 6mg