Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas. We hope that you enjoy this recipe, don’t forget to share it with friends and family so they can enjoy too!
Slow-cookers can not only make your lives easier but they can also make fajitas easier! You won’t get a smoking hot sizzle tray but you will get perfectly tender fajitas that are full of flavor that are sure to become a go to weeknight dinner.
You essentially throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and they will be ready for you when you get home from work.
Load your tortillas up with all of your favorite toppings and enjoy your zero effort meal! Because of the way slow-cookers cook, these fajitas have a lot more liquid in them than traditional ones would.
Why We Love this Recipe
The chicken and veggies all release moisture, which the slow-cooker then uses to steam the food as it cooks. Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas is an easy and healthy dinner recipe that you can make if you have leftover chicken.
The only thing that you need to do is marinate the chicken and then place it in the slow cooker. When you are ready serve, shred the chicken and stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve it with flour tortillas and you have a delicious meal for the whole family.
We recommend draining off the excess liquid before filling your tortillas or try out of easy skillet fajitas! Make sure to top with sour cream, cheese and pickled red onions.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 0 hours 10 mins
- Total Time: 4 hours 30 mins
Ingredients for Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (14-oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheddar
Directions for making Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Place chicken into a slow-cooker and season with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Top with bell peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from slow-cooker and slice into strips. Use a slotted spoon to remove peppers, onions, and tomatoes and place on a plate with sliced chicken. Discard liquid.
- Serve fajitas in tortillas with desired toppings.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com