Slow Cooker Short Ribs
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Short Ribs.
Looking for something outside the norm to serve for a special occasion? Few things feel as special—and as satisfying—as a well cooked beef short rib.
Short ribs usually get cooked for a few hours in the oven to loosen the meat and make it extremely tender.
This version is fall-off-the-bone tender and insanely flavorful, thanks to a quick sear before slow cooking and a sauce that would make ANYTHING taste good.
Skip the fancy meal out and make these stunners instead. (Bonus points if you serve them up with a heaping pile of creamy mashed potatoes. )
These are so easy to meet we have no doubt in our mind these will become a show-stopping go-to.
This is also the type of dish that might even get better after a night in the fridge allowing all of the flavors to meld together. Stored in an airtight container this can last up to 5 days, but we’ll be surprised if it lasts that long.
- Yields: 5 servings
- Preparation Time: 0 hours 25 mins
- Total Time: 9 hours 25 mins
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- 5 lb. bone-in beef short ribs, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/4 c. light brown sugar
- 1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. crush red pepper flakes (optional )
- 3 Carrots, medium, peeled and chopped into thirds
- 1 yellow onion, large, sliced into 1/2 inch wedges
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- Toasted sesame seeds, for serving
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, for serving
- Cooked short grain white rice, for serving
Directions for making Slow Cooker Short Ribs
- Season short ribs with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Working in 2 batches, brown short ribs on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer short ribs to slow cooker and pour off all but 3 tablespoons drippings from pot.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy sauce, water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes.
- Add carrots and onions to pan, and cook, mixing occasionally until browned. Add garlic and ginger and brown until fragrant, 1 minute more. Remove from heat and deglaze with reserved soy sauce mixture, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 9 to 10 hours, or on high for 4 to 5 hours, or until the meat is very tender and falling off the bone.
- Garnish short ribs with toasted sesame seeds and green onions. Spoon sauce over rice and serve.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com