Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast with Onion Soup Mix
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast with Onion Soup Mix.
This Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast recipe is a slow cooker goodness! Chuck roast combined with the ranch dressing mix, butter, onion soup mix, and peperoncini.
If you’re planning a simple yet delicious recipe that doesn’t take very long to cook and can feed your family or a bunch of friends, this Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast recipe is the perfect choice. It has a nice blend of flavors and textures and tastes even better the next day!
Why I Love the Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
This is one of my favorite recipes to use my Crock Pot for. I have always enjoyed recipes that combine savory and sweet flavors together, like chocolate cake with peppermint filling! This recipe is one of those.
It combines the sweet and savory flavors of the chuck roast with some tangy sourness from the pepperoncini. It’s just the right amount of sweet and sour to make it a delicious, slow cooker Mississippi pot roast recipe. I like to top it with a little bit of gravy and mashed potatoes. It’s always after made me feel especially warm and cozy.
Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe
- Course: Main Course
- Cuisine: American
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 214kcal
- Keyword: Mississippi Pot Roast
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
Ingredients for Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- 3 pound of chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil or vegetable oil
- salt & pepper as per your taste
- 1 packet of ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet of dry onion soup mix
- ½ cup (1 stick) of butter
- 8 peperoncini peppers
Instructions for Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- First of all, heat up the large skillet on high. And then add oil to the hot skillet. You want it really hot here to brown or “sear” the beef very quickly.
- Now, take a paper towel and make sure that you dry both sides of the pot roast. And then season with a little bit of pepper and salt. Once the skillet is properly hot, add the roast.
- By using tongs, you need to flip the meat over and sear the other side of the roast for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now transfer the meat to slow cooker. Sprinkle the packets of dry ranch dressing and onion soup mixes over the pot roast.
- After that, top with the stick of butter then place the peppers on and around roast.
- And then cover and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- In the end, after it has cooked, take out two forks and start shredding the meat. You need to discard any big fatty pieces and then serve.
More Recipe Suggestions
- Chicken Pot Pie Slow Cooker Recipe
- Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken Thighs
- Tomato Basil Slow Cooker Chicken Meatballs
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com