Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken.
This is an easy recipe for Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken that takes very less time to make like less than 10 minutes to prepare! Very healthy, delicious and so much better than takeout!
Healthy and Delicious
A big part of staying healthy is eating right. Healthy food like Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is not only good for you but delicious and tasty. If you are looking for a tasty meal on the table in a short period of time then this recipe is for you. I’ll cover how to make it, why you should make it and how it is one of the best crock pot meals ever.
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken is an easy recipe that can be made quickly. It has tender, slightly crispy chicken and loads of vegetables. The vegetables not only add flavor to your dish, but also provide lots of health benefits for you. Read on to learn how to make this mouth-watering dish.
The Perfect Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Getting home after a long day at work and all you want to do is put your feet up and relax. But instead, you have to make dinner. This can be a very tiring thing to do. That is why the crock pot is a good option. Using the crock pot is less stressful as you don’t need to stand over the hob while it cooks. Simply leave it to cook and come back later when it’s finished.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 hrs
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
Ingredients for Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Toasted sesame seeds for serving
- Chopped green of onions for serving
- Prepared brown rice quinoa, or other whole grain, for serving
Instructions for Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- First of all place chicken thighs in the bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- After that, in a medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, honey, and ginger. Now pour over the chicken thighs.
- After that, cover & cook on high for about 2 hours or low for about 4 hours, until the chicken is tender & cooked through. Now remove the chicken to a plate & shred with the two forks. Strain the cooking liquid through a mesh sieve & into a medium saucepan.
- Now, in a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch & water until smooth. And add to the strained cooking liquid, whisk to incorporate, and then heat the saucepan over medium high, stirring constantly until the sauce bubbles. Now continue cooking & stirring until glossy & thickened, 1-2 minutes. Now remove from heat.
- In the end, add the chicken to the sauce. Toss to coat. Serve it warm with rice or quinoa, garnished with the sesame seeds & green onions as desired.
Nutrition Value of Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken per Serving
- 1(of 4) without rice Calories: 318kcal
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Protein: 34g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- Potassium: 504mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 24g
- Vitamin A: 40IU
- Vitamin C: 2mg
- Calcium: 32mg
- Iron: 3mg
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com