Slow Cooker Lo Mein
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Lo Mein.
Try this veggie-packed takeout favorite for a very delicious and healthy dinnertime meal that is very easy to make right in your crockpot!
Chinese food has never been more popular in the past few years. Many people love Chinese food because of the variety of options. There are also some dishes that can be cooked with ease. One of these options is slow cooker lo mein. It is an easy recipe to make and it is a crowd pleaser. You can try it with your family and friends. If you are craving Chinese food and it is not Chinese takeout night yet, you should try making this simple and delicious dish. You will love it.
Slow Cooker with Chinese Cuisine
This Chinese dish is also a type of Chinese noodle. Lo Mein has many different variations but all of them have one thing in common – the food is tossed into a pan before being served so that the noodles are separated and not stuck together.
Many people also serve Lo Mein with a sauce. This can be a soy sauce and vinegar sauce or a sweet and sour sauce. This dish can be made with a range of different foods. Some of the more common foods are chicken and pork. This recipe teaches you how to make this delicious Chinese dish.
- Yield: 6 servings
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 8 hours 30 minutes
- Total time: 8 hours 40 minutes
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Lo Mein
- 2 pounds of boneless pork shoulder
- 3 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 julienned carrots
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 (5-ounce) can of drained sliced water chestnuts
- One pound of spaghetti
Ingredients for the sauce
- 1/3 cup of reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons of sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste), or more, as per your taste
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- One tablespoon of freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
How to Make Slow Cooker Lo Mein
- First of all, line a slow cooker with the Slow Cooker Liner. Open the slow cooker liner and place it inside the 5- to 6-quart slow cooker bowl. Now fit the liner snugly against the bottom & sides of the bowl; pull top of liner over the rim of bowl.
- After that, whisk together the garlic, brown sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, sambal oelek, and sesame oil in the slow cooker. Now add pork shoulder, then cover & cook on low heat for about 7 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- And then remove the pork shoulder from the slow cooker & shred the meat before returning to pot with the juices. Now stir in carrots, broccoli, celery, snow peas &chestnuts. Cover & cook on high heat for 15 to 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- In the end, cook pasta according to the package instructions; drain it well.
- Finally, when your dish is ready, serve pasta immediately, topped with the pork mixture.
- Have fun, enjoy.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com