Homemade Croutons in the Air Fryer
Although store-bought croutons come in a resealable bag, they still get stale quick. Homemade are simple to make and taste much better. I started making them in the oven but if you turn your back for a minute they can go from soft to burnt.
I needed a low-maintenance method so I came up with this air fryer recipe that works perfectly every single time.
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- cook: 6 minutes
- additional: 2 minutes
- total: 13 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Yield: 6 servings
Ingredients for Homemade Croutons in the Air Fryer
- 4 slices white bread, cubed
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions for Homemade Croutons in the Air Fryer
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place bread cubes in a large mixing bowl. Whisk parsley, garlic powder, and seasoned salt into the melted butter and pour over bread cubes. Toss bread cubes with a rubber spatula until evenly coated. Let sit for 2 minutes for butter to absorb.
- Place bread in the basket of the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes. Toss with a spatula and cook for 2 minutes more. Transfer croutons to a paper towel-lined plate until ready to use.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
97 calories; protein 1.4g; carbohydrates 8.7g; fat 6.3g; cholesterol 15.3mg; sodium 191.2mg.