Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Chicken Breast.
Out of all the ways to cook chicken, slow-cooking breasts is one of our favorites. It’s so easy and the chicken breasts (which have a bad rep for drying out) stay nice and juicy.
All you need to do is throw several chicken breasts in the slow cooker in the morning and let them go. To round out the meal and add flavor, we add potatoes, rosemary, and lemon.
Why We Love this Recipe
Cooking delicious slow cooker chicken breast is a great way to get dinner done when you have a lot of other things to do. Here, you will find step-by-step instructions on how to cook slow cooker chicken breast, along with an easy and tasty recipe that is great for dinner or even a nice lunch.
You can also change it by adding sweet potatoes instead, use lime juice, and different herbs and spices, like cumin or chili powder.
Trying to meal prep? This recipe easily doubles. When we have leftovers, we like shredding the chicken and adding it to meals throughout the week. It’s perfect for chicken quesadillas, chicken tortilla soup, chicken lasagna, and any other recipe in our roundup of shortcut chicken dinners.
For more dinner ideas, check out our other slow-cooker chicken dinners.
If you tried this recipe, don’t forget to rate this recipe below. We love hearing from you!
- Yields: 3 servings
- Preparation Time: 0 hours 10 mins
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 mins
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 lb. baby red potatoes, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1 sprig rosemary
Directions for making Slow Cooker Chicken Breast
- In a slow-cooker, toss onion, potatoes, and lemon juice together with olive oil. Spread into an even layer.
- In a large bowl, stir together salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add chicken breasts and toss to coat evenly.
- Place chicken in a single layer above the onion mixture and top with rosemary.
- Cook on low until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are fork-tender, 4 to 5 hours.
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com