Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
Hello friends, welcome to Slow Cook Recipe. Today we are going to make Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore.
This Slow-cooked bone-in, skinless chicken thighs create the luxe flavor in this savory Italian chicken dinner that pairs perfectly with the pasta for an incredibly easy weeknight or the weekend meal.
The Perfect Dish for Your Slow Cooker
There is nothing like having a delicious dish of chicken cacciatore after a hard day of work. This is a hearty and delicious dish that is sure to please the entire family and will be worth the wait. The wonderful aroma of the tomatoes and the chicken simmering away in the slow cooker will soon have the entire family asking when dinner will be ready.
Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore is a delicious meal that can be cooked in a slow cooker. It is easy to cook and you will have a delicious meal that you can enjoy with your family. This post contains all the ingredients, instructions and other information you need to cook this tasty dish.
- Course – Main Course
- Cuisine – Italian
- Keyword – chicken, slow cooker
- Preparation Time – 20 minutes
- Cooking Time – 4 hours
- Total Time – 4 hours 20 minutes
- Servings – 8 to 10
- Calories – 205kcal
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 10 trimmed bone-in skinless chicken thighs , about 5 ounces each
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray or extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped or pressed
- 1/2 large chopped yellow onion
- 1 28- ounce of can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 medium chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 medium chopped red bell
- 8 ounces of sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- Fresh parsley for garnish
Instructions for Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Generously season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the large nonstick skillet over the medium-high heat. Coat with the cooking spray or the drizzle of olive oil & then add the chicken. Cook until it nicely browned, for about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- After that, reduce the heat under skillet to the medium and coat with more cooking spray or the another drizzle of the olive oil. Add the garlic & onion and cook until it soft, for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Now add the tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, thyme and bay leaves to slow cooker. And stir to combine.
- Cover & cook on high for about 4 hours or on low for about 8 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf & transfer the chicken to the large plate or cutting board. Pull the chicken meat from the bones (discard the bones), shred the meat and return it to the sauce. Stir in the parsley.
- In the end, serve with pasta, polenta or with spaghetti squash topped with the Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Values for Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- Calories: 204kcal
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Protein: 26g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
- Sodium: 255mg
- Potassium: 748mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 8g
- Vitamin A: 525IU
- Vitamin C: 25mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- Iron: 4mg
Thanks for visiting slowcookrecipe.com