Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
This slow cooker recipe delivers a hearty dish of hamburger, bacon, and beans in a thick and sweet sauce.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- cook: 3 hrs 10 minutes
- total: 3 hrs 20 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Yield: 8 servings
Ingredients for Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
- 1 pound hamburger
- ½ pound bacon
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans with pork
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Directions for Slow Cooker Cowboy Beans
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir hamburger and bacon together in the hot skillet until hamburger is browned and crumbly, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked hamburger and bacon, baked beans with pork, kidney beans, lima beans, onions, ketchup, brown sugar, and mustard together in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Cook on Low until hot and thickened, at least 3 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
471 calories; protein 24.8g; carbohydrates 67.7g; fat 12.6g; cholesterol 52.6mg; sodium 1216.7mg.